Thursday, February 28, 2013

Remembering Things

Sometime at the beginning of this year I saw this video on YouTube, which gave me a wonderful idea for documenting the things I do in my normal, every day life. Basically, you take an ordinary monthly calendar, and write on each day one thing you did that day. It doesn't have to be anything life-changing.  In fact, it can be as simple as "I ate a taco" or "I went for a run"--just any one thing that happened. That way, at the end of the year, you can look back at your calendar and have some kind of idea of the things you did over the past 365 days! Sometimes you do things that are really cool or special, but they're not incredibly dramatic, so they might be forgotten when it comes to the end of the year. Maybe you went on a walk and had a nice life-chat, or you ate a really delicious piece of cake, or you saw a great video, or read a funny news story--all of these things can easily be forgotten, which is perfectly okay, but if you write them down, you can remind yourself of them years down the road, and have a nice little memory nostalgia reminiscing moment.

I decided this would be a fun idea, and once I saw a "Vintage Tractors" calendar on sale at a bookstore the very next day, I decided the universe was basically telling me I needed to buy the calendar, and at least try to fill it in! Two months later, I've been doing pretty well! Here's what February looks like :)
Note: This month's tractor is called the
"Plantagenschlepper"
I'm also keeping track of which books I read, which wont help me remember the plots, but it's a step. I'm excited that I'm going to have a nice little souvenir of 2013 when the year is done, and hopefully I'll have nice little memories to look back on!

In other news: Tomorrow I leave for a weekend in Munich!! I'm celebrating my friend Michelle's birthday tomorrow and then going to see one of my favorite bands, The Lumineers, in concert on Saturday. I've never been to Munich, but always wanted to go, so I'm really excited! It should be a great weekend.

If you don't know who the Lumineers are, you should, so here's one of my favorite songs:

No comments:

Post a Comment