Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall here is very yellow

And gray. It's rather gloomy, which is depressing, especially because the weather channel website keeps lying to me, saying it's going to get sunny and then it just doesn't. But that's okay, the leaves are still beautiful! Here are some pictures from my hike on Monday:





We don't have as much color variety as in America, but there are still some very very pretty leaves!

In other news, we have the week off of school next week, because several holidays come close to each other (October 26th is the official National Holiday, and November 1 and 2 are All Saints and All Souls Days--because Austria is a Catholic country, we get lots of holidays!). Because I wanted to take advantage of these 10 days of no school, I'm going to CROATIA! Another TA and I will be traveling to Zagreb, Zadar, and Dubrovnik, and I have no idea what to expect, other than hopefully warmer weather! This means I'll be traveling on my birthday, too :)

Now you can all prepare yourselves for an exciting update when I get back!

2 comments:

  1. I love the carpet of yellow leaves! It's like in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mama Yadlin--the yellow leaves are beautiful! I can't wait to hear all about Croatia!

    ReplyDelete